Desktop Wallpapers can be used to remind staff of what has recently been announced, what is about to change or assist with compliance campaigns and general reminders to staff. The Desktop Wallpaper is a non-intrusive but high impact way to get your message across.
How it works
Desktop Wallpaper enables you to set the background image on any desktop machine that has the SnapComms App installed. You can schedule different Wallpaper images to appear any time you wish, giving you complete control.
The SnapComms App sets the Windows Desktop Background (wallpaper) to the image you have selected and sets the Picture position to Center, Tile, Stretch, or Scale (Fit) the image. Once the Target End Date is reached, the Windows Desktop Background (wallpaper) returns to the image that was set prior to SnapComms changing it.
If you do not have a licence for the Desktop Wallpper tool, contact your SnapComms agent to enable this feature.
TO CREATE A wallpaper
- On your Dashboard click on "Create Content";
- Select "Desktop Wallpaper";
- Give the Wallpaper a name and select a folder to save it in.
You will now see the Summary view of the Wallpaper in the Designer Canvas.
The Wallpaper opens to the summary Summary View showing showing your organisation's default values for the publication settings. These settings can be altered individually by clicking on the “edit” button.
The Desktop Wallpaper is designed to publish an image of your choice to the end users desktop machine. Select the image icon to upload an image.
The Scale Mode settings in the Image upload window allow you to set how the image will appear on the end users machine:
- Scale: The image will be scaled to fill the entire desktop (the original aspect ratio will be preserved which may result in a black boarder around part of the image);
- Center: The image will appear in the center of the screen. Note if the image is smaller than the screen area ten a black boarder will appear around it;
- Tile: The image will be tiled (displayed multiple times) across the screen as needed to fill the entire desktop area;
- Stretch: The image will be stretched across the desktop to fill the available area (aspect ratio will NOT be preserved).